INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
Since the modification to the “Information Society Services and e-Commerce Act” (LSSICE) has come into force, as established by Royal Decree 13/2012, it is obligatory to obtain express consent from users of all websites that use non-essential cookies before they start browsing.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels are tools that are used by web servers to store and recover information about their visitors and to ensure that the website is running correctly. By using such mechanisms, the web server can remember some data regarding the user, such as their viewing preferences for the page on the server, their username and password, products of interest to them, etc.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY THE LEGISLATION AND EXEMPT COOKIES
According to the EU directive, cookies that require informed consent from the user are analytical cookies and marketing and affiliate cookies; the exception to this are technical cookies and those that are necessary for the website to run or to provide services expressly requested by the user.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
Cookie types can be broken down into five main groups:
- Analytical cookies: these collate information about how the website is used.
- Social cookies: these are necessary for external social networks.
- Affiliate cookies: this allows us to track visits coming from other websites with which the website has entered into an affiliation agreement (affiliate companies).
- Marketing and behavioural cookies: these collate information about the user’s preferences and personal choices (retargeting).
- Technical and functional cookies: these are strictly necessary for providing the contractual service.
COOKIES USED ON OUR WEBSITE
Purpose / Further information
This is used to distinguish between users.
The NID cookie contains a unique ANEU that Google uses to remember preferences and other information, such as language.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT FOR INSTALLING COOKIES
HOW TO DELETE COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER
- 1. Select the Tools icon.
- 2. Click on Settings.
- 3. Click on Show Advanced Options.
- 4. In the “Privacy” section, click on Content Settings.
- or Delete cookies: Click on all cookies and data from sites….
- or Do not allow sites to save cookies…
- 5. Click on Clear browsing data (clear cache)
- 6. Close and restart your browser.
- For more information about Chrome, click here.
- Internet Explorer. Version 11
- 1. Select Tools | Internet options
- 2. Click on the General tab
- 3. In the “Browsing history” section, click on Delete browsing history.
- 4. Select Delete files.
- 5. Select Delete cookies.
- 6. Click on Delete.
- 7. Click OK.
- 8. Close and restart your browser.
For more information about Internet Explorer, click here.
- Firefox. Version 18
- 1. Select Firefox | History | Clear recent history.
- 2. By “Details”, click on the drop-down menu.
- 3. Check the following boxes: Cookies, Cache, Site data
- 4. Using “Time range to clear” in the drop-down menu, select “All.”
- 5. Click on Delete now.
- 6. Close and restart your browser.
You can accept or reject cookies individually in the Preferences section on Firefox in the History section available on Tools > Options > Privacy. For more information about Mozilla Firefox, click here.
- Safari Version 5.1
- 1. Click on the Safari logo / Edit | Restore Safari.
- 2. Check the following boxes: Delete history, Delete all site data
- 3. Click Reset.
- 4. Close and restart your browser.
For more information about Safari, click here.
Opera Options – Advanced – Cookies.
The cookies options control how Opera manages them and, therefore, whether it accepts or rejects them.
For more information about Opera, click here.
Check the documentation for the browser that you have installed.